You know when you have those days when you have plans, and you sleep in past your alarm or you get a text 20 minutes prior to having to be somewhere? I get it. I really do. I understand the panic you feel when you don’t think you have enough time to put yourself together in 10 minutes, but I’m happy to report that you can get ready quickly and look and smell great! As a college student who has had one too many 8 am’s (I have to leave my apartment 45 minutes before), I can pretty confidently say that I’ve mastered a ‘get ready quick’ routine. Today, I’m here to spread my knowledge on the art of getting ready quick!
My top tips to get ready in a hurry
- Don’t wash your hair. Okay, so to some of you, this may sound gross and maybe nuts? Don’t fear, I have just the product for you: dry shampoo! It is seriously a life saver for me. My hair is semi-long anyways, and it gets dried out easily, so really I’m doing my hair a favor. It makes your hair look and smell clean, without drying out your ends (or having to actually wash it). This is a huge time saver for me, because it takes time to wash my hair, but it also takes a huge chunk of time to dry and style it as well. My favorite dry shampoo is from Batiste! Batiste Dry Shampoo, Original, 6.73 Fluid Ounce
- Speaking of not washing your hair, if you don’t have time to shower at all, don’t fret! Feminine wipes are one of my favorite things to use when I’m in a hurry. They keep me feeling fresh and clean! Another thing you can do if you don’t have time to shower, is wet a wash cloth with warm water and give yourself a quick wipe down. Obviously this doesn’t substitute for a shower every day, but it’s a good tip when you’re in a huge rush. Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloth Simply Sensitive, 16 Count (Pack of 3)
- Don’t forget the deodorant! This may sound a little silly, but I know that when I’m in a rush, I can easily forget steps in my getting ready routine. Especially on days when you’re in a rush, don’t forget to put on a deodorant/antiperspirant. This will keep you feeling fresher longer! Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Women’s Antiperspirant & Deodorant Completely Clean Scent 2.6 Ounce
- Use a cleansing water instead of washing your face. With the swipe of a saturated cotton pad, your face will be clean and ready to put a little makeup on! This is honestly so much easier than washing my face for me when I’m in a rush. I also choose cleansing water over a makeup wipe; I feel that makeup wipes leave a sticky residue on my face, and the cleansing water doesn’t! Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser and Makeup Remover, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
- Put together a specific makeup bag for days that you’re in a rush! In my makeup bag, I only have products that I know work and that I love. All of my products are easy to use and don’t require a lot of touching up. For my face makeup, I go with my tried and true It Cosmetics CC+: it is super blendable, and gives a good amount of coverage. I also use a Rimmel concealer under my eyes to brighten them and make me look wide awake! I use a NYX blush stick for my cheeks, and sometimes I even use that on my lips! Sometimes, if I have time, I’ll throw on the NARS lip pencil! Other than that, I fill in my brows with a NYX eyebrow sculptor (it is dual ended and has a highlight on one side!), and curl my lashes and apply my Covergirl mascara. Easy and simple, but also pretty!
Hopefully these tips help you to feel a little less frantic next time you have to be somewhere in a hurry! I’m telling you, if you follow these steps, you’ll feel fresh and put together in no time at all.
What is your favorite get ready quick tip?! Are there any tips I should know about? What is your favorite product to use when you’re in a rush?